Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Updates

I've got a lot of things going on so I thought I would update in this entry.

1. My resolutions are so far going ok.  I spent the remainder of September making sure to do at least 15 minutes of exercise in each day.  We also started walking with the family each day after dinner until just before bed time.  The kids have really enjoyed this and it really makes those sometimes long hours between dinner and bedtime go so much faster.
Next up for October (I can NOT believe October is knocking on our door already!), I'm tracking all my exercise on a calendar.  My goal is to do 20 minutes four days a week, with one session of resistance training.  And we will continue our nightly walks.

I have been cooking pretty much every night, except when we are up north.  We don't have a kitchen up there so we are at the mercy of mother nature.  There have been a few weekends that it has been pouring rain so we have gone in to town to grab a bite.  But otherwise, I've been cooking each and every night and am LOVING it.

2. A few days ago I was on my soapbox about how you should always do things that you love to do, no matter the circumstances.  I challenged my readers to pick something they want to do, used to do or enjoy doing but don't have the time anymore, and just do it.
Here is what I have been doing.
My  monkey man and I have been baking once a week, some times twice.  I love to bake, he loves to bake, yet I'm always putting it off.  My little guy is in seventh heaven.  He is even learning some pre-math skills to boot while following recipes.
This is what he made today: 
Photobucket
Sugar cookies decorated to. the. MAX.  Go big or go home people.  It's all about the presentation.

I have also started a project that I've been putting off since my little man's first Christmas.  Every year I tell him a story that involves Gilbert, a mouse who lives in the woods.  Through the years, he has asked to hear these stories over again at night time, so I wanted to make a book for him with the stories in them.  But I can't draw to save my life, so I've been putting it off.
I recently started needlework again and came up with the idea to create each picture with a collage of different materials and have Gilbert out of felt with some needlework for detail.  So this is what I have started as my challenge.  I'll continue to update as I make the actual collages.

Here is Gilbert.  He has no face yet, but he will.
Photobucket 

3.  The kids toys are slowly getting organized.  I'll be truthful and say I haven't done anything since the last picture update.  I'm at a stand still because I'm waiting for some shelves to be brought up for the basement.  Good thing I'm not holding my breath. 

4. The year long challenge for sweet organization: I'll be tackling the shed next.  I'm scared.  It is a jungle in there.

I think that is everything I need to update. I'm going to try and update once a month or so, just to stay accountable.

In other news, I discovered a nifty way of keeping all those decorating sprinkles for making a mess of everything.
Line a muffin tin with muffin liners,
Photobucket

and when you are done you can just lift the liners out, bend them a bit and pour the sprinkles right back in to their container!

I know.  Smart.  I try.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment