Monday, September 20, 2010

The Waiting Game

I think a lot of society gets caught up in the waiting game.

We wait to do things until other things fall in to place.

We keep clothes because we are going to lose weight some day and hope to fit in to them again.

We don't clean the car because there is one more weekend trip to take that is going to mess it up again anyway.

We wait to start learning a new skill because we don't have the money for lessons.

We put off doing things we love because there just isn't enough time in the day.

We postpone spending quality time with our significant others because the kids are still too young, they need us to much.

We don't go to the gym because we need to lost weight first to feel comfortable there.

That one is mine, and one of my personal favourites. Seriously, you can't beat that mentality.

Since the start of this year long adventure I have noticed a switch in my mind set.

I'm no longer waiting for things to happen before I allow my life to change. I don't set the standard of only being able to do things if everything else is perfect.

Life is never going to be perfect.

There are always going to be obstacles of one kind or another.

There are always going to be kids waking me up at night, meals that need to be cooked, toilets that need to be scrubbed and rolls of flubber that don't fit in to jeans from my 20s.

At least in my life there are.

Especially the jeans bit. Good golly these babies have taken a toll on my mid section!

Regardless of what your obstacles are, I encourage you to look at them and see what you are missing in your life.

What are you holding on to that is actually holding you back?

I have a challenge for you:

This week, do something that you have been putting off because the conditions just weren't right.

Start learning a new skill, even if you just scrape the top. At least you took steps toward learning it.

Do something you love doing, even if it is just for a few minutes.

In the wise words of Nike,

Just do it.

Swoosh.

Cheers!

Marina

PS, don't forget to come back here and share what you have done this week! I'd love to know what everyone is doing...

No comments:

Post a Comment