Thursday, September 16, 2010

New Friends and Progress Pictures

Yesterday, after I posted about our trip to see the donkeys, I emailed the Donkey Sanctuary to let them know about the post and to ask them a few questions about our trip.

Kim was nice enough to email me back with all the information I requested, as well as the names of all the donkeys that were in the pictures. So I wanted to share with you the names of our new family friends.

This is Amigo. He seemed like such a shy guy and just peeked at us while we were brushing and loving Summer. When we approached him he would tap his feet (a sign they are nervous) so we just let him watch.
Photobucket

This is Tibet. She was so calm and let us come up to her while she was resting and pet and talk to her. She is such a sweetheart.
Photobucket

Angus was on the field side of the fence. Andrea took this picture and I just love it. He looks so content looking across the field at all his friends.
Photobucket

THIS is Summer. This little lady totally won our hearts over. Especially my little man. We started talking to her and brushing her and when my little man wanted to move on, she followed us where ever we went, wanting more. I think little man could have stayed there all day brushing her side. I think Summer would have stuck around as well!
Photobucket

This is a mother daughter pair, Speckle and Juanita (who has the fly mask on). I took a picture of these two because when Alexander saw them he excitedly said "Mama, look! The donkeys are hugging! They love each other!" And it does look like they are hugging, doesn't it?
Photobucket

This is Earl Grey. He was itchy! He spent a lot of our time there at the feeding trough, so we didn't get to know him too well.
Photobucket

Those are our new friends, as my little man calls them. He poured over these pictures all day today, talking non-stop about his visit with the Donkeys. Needless to say, we'll be visiting again soon!

In case you missed it yesterday, here is the link to The Donkey Sanctuary of Canada .

_________________________________________________________________


To keep you updated on the toy clean up that is currently going on in my living and dining rooms, here are some pictures. If you missed the before pictures visit this blog entry

I have to admit, all the books that were on this shelving unit are currently in a big laundry hamper. I haven't figured out what to do with them yet, but their removal makes such a huge difference in how the space looks (even though it is still a huge mess).
Photobucket

This still looks like a bit of a disaster, but what is in the bins is finally organized. Plus, I moved the bins with the toys the kids play with often in to this shelf so they don't have to drag them through the two rooms.
Photobucket

I have finally labeled all of the bins so everyone knows what goes where. Funny thing, little man pays no attention to them what so ever, but when my husband saw them, he was very happy. Now I can't complain about him just stuffing the toys where ever they fit.
Photobucket

I had these big plans to take pictures of the contents of each bin, print the out, laminate them and stick them on each bin with velcro.
Photobucket

Then reality hit and I grabbed some sticky notes, a pen and some tape and drew my own pictures.
Photobucket

This was a real big thing for me. Usually the big task of getting the real pictures and making them look all pretty would have been enough for me to stall and procrastinate this job away. I didn't realize this until I had finished labeling. And while it doesn't look all that pretty, it is functional. In the real world (and at nine o'clock at night when I'm putting the toys away), that is all that matters.


Cheers!
Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment