Friday, April 23, 2010

YAY!

I just noticed that I have two followers!! Thanks Deb and Shannon!!! It means a lot that you are here with me :)

Ok, so I'm starting to feel the crunch of only one more week left to get this kitchen organized. I'm really ticked off that I spent the first two weeks doing what the organization book asked me to and nothing more.

When looking back at the book, I really feel that the book was written for a certain demographic, and it isn't the unorganized one. I really feel that it is geared toward someone who has more money and space than I do. I wasn't sure at first why, and then I realized.

This book was written based on what she has done with her clients. Her Clients. I'm thinking that if you have the money to hire a professional organizer, you probably have a bigger kitchen than I do, LOL.

And while all the principles she has taught me hold up, I really feel that her quick methods do not. The speed that she expects me to accomplish the actual organizing in is unrealistic.

Today's example: While it may only take me a second to discover that having the rice in the same drawer as the pasta is not working at all, it takes me a good 15 minutes to figure out where to %#%@#$^#$ to put it. And then another 20 minutes to rearrange what I already arranged to fit the rice in there. And then an additional 30 minutes to figure out where to put the thing that got bumped out because of the rice.

It gives me a headache just thinking about it, let alone doing it.

The only silver lining to this whole kitchen project is that in one week, I'll be moving on to the bedroom :) Not much more room in there, but at least there isn't any rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment