Monday, March 28, 2011

Life is a Highway

Little Man has really been in to listening to music lately. So I have been downloading songs from his favourite movies from ITunes. One of his favourite soundtracks is the Disney CARS soundtrack. Specifically, Life is a Highway. The kids really get in to that song, dancing, playing guitar, singing at the top of their lungs.

During the past week we have listened to this song approximately 356 335 225 times and I have realized two things that concern me greatly.

One: My babies are growing up way way way WAY too quickly. This is them rockin' it out to Life is a Highway.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Little Lady dancing and singing. It really surprises me that with her toddler vocabulary you can actually tell what she is singing when she sings to this song. She has pretty good pitch for her age.
Photobucket

Ooops, got a bit dizzy there.
Photobucket

Two: It pains me to say this, but I just this week realized that my children will associate Life is a Highway with Rascal Flatts and NOT Tom Cochrane, who sang the song originally. I came to learn this in the car over the weekend, when Little Man asked to listen to Life is a Highway, but not the silly one. I asked him what he meant and he said he didn't want to listen to the silly one that I made him listen to on the radio last time we were in the car. After telling him, totally exasperated, that the "silly" one is the REAL Life is a Highway, and letting him know how popular that song was when I was growing up, he, my four year old son, asked me to play the "real Lightning McQueen one", not the silly one.

Sigh. I don't think he was even listening.

So Rascal Flatts it is. With a little bit of Tom to mix it up again to help little man understand the roots of the song.

Until he is old enough to appreciate Tom though, I've got this happening at my house.



Photobucket

I just hope he doesn't hurt himself!

Cheers,
Marina

3 comments:

  1. Those pictures are absolutely hilarious! I have to say, I think whoever is choosing songs for kids' movies these days is a genius. I keep hearing kids sing all kinds of songs that I listened to a lot growing up. Way to target the parents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *whispers* I really like the Rascal Flatts version better after I got used to it, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute to see these pictures of the kids - this is how I remember them. Hey, I recognize that shirt your Little Lady has on there - I just packed it up a few months ago when N. outgrew it! Looking forward to reading more of your posts <3

    ReplyDelete