Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Something I'm thinking of trying

I've been feeling kind of frazzled these days.

Well, I guess not really frazzled, more tired than anything.  And because of this I've been looking for things to do in the evening.  Things that calm my mind.  I already have the Christmas book for my babies on the go, but that sometimes gets me more upset than calm because I can't get my vision for the picture down on the page properly.

Really, half the time I just end up all angry and annoyed.  I'm way too much of a perfectionist and it is way too late in the evening for me to be expecting perfection from myself.  Not exactly the calming effect I was looking for.

So yesterday I felt crafty and came up with this:

Photobucket

Using a reindeer pattern from a Better Homes and Gardens Christmas magazine, I created a handmade Christmas card.

Now please know that I put this together in under 20 minutes so it is very far from perfect.  The edges are frayed (haven't quite figured out how to use my craft knife properly), the glue isn't even dry yet and the card is too big, but it was pretty brainless and fun to do.  It did have the calming effect I was looking for.

I'd like to try and make all my Christmas cards this year.  I was going to try it last year, but laughed myself silly when I realized I had an almost three year old and a newborn at home.  I'm ambitious, not crazy.

I think I have a chance at making them this year.

I think I can do it.

I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.

I think I can make at least enough for my immediate family. (See, I'm already lowing my standards.  I know what I can handle.)

I'll keep you posted!

Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment