Saturday, April 3, 2010

Small changes

I am surprised, after just reading the introductions of the books, I have noticed changes in how I think. One of the things that has stuck the most is finishing what you start. Leeds in Organized Life says that when you don't finish even the simplest of tasks, it causes a snowball effect with other little tasks that stay incomplete and it over flows in to other aspects in your life.

This is something that I can relate to. One of the things that frustrates me the most about my life is the fact that I have started so many projects, and end up having them all on the go at the same time, but never finishing any of them because I'm always trying to work on all of them at the same time.

I think in a way that is why I have made such a big project out of this. Because I really need to make this something that is huge in my life so that I stick with it. So that it isn't a small change in my life. I need something to shake things up.

So this one topic has been in the back of my mind all weekend, and I have noticed that I have been "finishing" small tasks. Instead of just taking laundry upstairs, I now put it away right away. when I open the mail, I throw the recycling away right away and pin the bills up to a board. Before I go to bed, I pick up and tidy so that I don't have to do it in the morning, which often times is too busy to do a tidy anyway.

It has really made a difference, albeit a small one, but still, at least I'm not waking up to laundry baskets and toys to step over.

It is a small step, but one I'm really excited about.

No comments:

Post a Comment