Monday, April 12, 2010

Day 12 and this organizing book is starting to get on my nerves. It is progressing way too slowly for me, focusing too much on self exploration and less on the actual cleaning of my kitchen.

I think the difference between me and the people she has worked with is that their lives were all a mess as well as their houses. My life is fine, it is my house that needs organizing. No seriously, my life is totally organized. I know I sound like I could be in denial , but really, its true. While I am currently living in a mess of papers and books, clothes with no drawers for them and kitchen utensils that have no place to go, I am very good at keeping things in my life (appointments and such) totally organized. That is one thing that I'm proud of.

This week is supposed to be focusing on creating schedules and routines. Leeds says (and I quote) "Everything you do needs to be scheduled. If you get in the habit of seeing your life a month at at time, you will be in a better position to balance your schedule." That seems a little OCD to me.

I can see how that might be necessary for someone who works full time out of the house and has children who are in a lot of programs, but I only work part time and my kids are in any groups so really, not much to plan. I do have a calendar that I write stuff on, so I'm good in that department.

One thing she points out is that there needs to be one rule everyone must follow. When you use something, it must go back where you found it.

This one is going to be tough. I feel like I am the only one who ever puts stuff away in this house. Well, let me re-phrase that. I feel like I am the only person who puts stuff back where it belongs. Peter and Alexander put stuff away, just not where it was found or not where it goes.

Time will tell.

If you have time, take a second and vote in the poll this week.

1 comment:

  1. As a new soccer mom I can totally relate to comment about planning your life one month month at a time. However, as of May, that won't work for me. Between two weddings, Mother's day, cakes and birthdays I can't see planning more than a week ahead at a time. Really enjoying this Marina, I really hope you discover your true June Cleaver =)

    ReplyDelete