Sunday, April 4, 2010

April 4, 2010

Started the work for the first month in Organizing your Life. The first month is focuses on the kitchen, and to finding out why I'm unorganized. The first week of each month is dedicated to what Leeds calls journaling. She gives you the questions, you provide the answer. I am going to use this blog as the journal aspect. I'm not crazy enough to think that I can add more to my plate and succeed.

So, as I said before, apparently, my issues are most likely due to something in my past. That is what this first exercise was about and after much soul searching, I can pretty much guarantee that this is not related to my parents or my childhood. I'm guessing a lot of people who are unorganized are late often because Leeds really stresses that in this exercise. I am not often late, so this exercise feels a bit useless.

I'm not typically a late person, but I do scramble to get things together, and typically have to search for my keys or purse, or as it happened today, both. I'm not sure when that happened. I think it started when we moved in to this house. I think that we haven't yet settled in, even though we have been here for six years. I am constantly moving things around and trying to find an order that works well for me, but I can't seem to get it right. Hopefully this book will help with that.

I am also going to be setting goals that set up positive life changes. So, I have created three main goals:
I no longer have papers that do not have a specific place.
I get rid of things that I am no longer using or need.
I spend time each day "keeping house" to make sure things don't pile up.

That said, her final assignment was to identify where all my time goes, and let me tell you, I am totally managing my time incorrectly, although this isn't really a surprise to me. I spend way too much time on the computer, checking my email, and really just dawdling time away. The other time I waste is running errands because I haven't made a proper shopping lists. I do a lot of errand running when I don't need to be. It also wastes money.

So, I now know what I need to work on, what goals I am going to work with. Onward!

No comments:

Post a Comment