Thursday, April 1, 2010

Day One, 364 days to go

Ok, so I've read the introduction to Organizing and to Martha, and let me tell you, I'm already behind!

Apparently, according to Martha, I need to make schedules. Lots and lots of schedules, so that I know what to clean, when and with what. Holy cow this lady obviously has a lot of time on her hands. So this weekend I'll be creating weekly, monthly, seasonal and yearly cleaning schedules. I'm excited about the weekly one, because I know I need it to get organized, but I had NO clue what so ever that I was supposed to be washing my windows once a month. I haven't washed them since they were installed. Which was when we moved in. Which was 6 years ago, LOL.

Now, Organizing. It was actually a very interesting read. Apparently there was something in my life that sparked my propensity to be unorganized. There is a reason behind it, other than the fact that I don't have an organizational bone in my body. Well, that isn't true either. I CAN organize, but I just can't seem to keep up with the organizing in this period of my life. Anyway, each chapter is going to work on my self awareness as well as cleaning up my house. I guess there is no harm in that. For this weekend my assignment is to make a dream board. A collage of all the things that I want my life to be. I'm to cut out pictures from magazines and place them on a bristol board. I feel like I'm in highschool again.

Three more books to go! Check out my poll on window washing if you have a chance :)

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment