Sunday, April 11, 2010

A Change of Heart

I no longer want to find my inner June Cleaver.

I'm much more suited to be Margaret Anderson from Father Knows Best. Much more suited.

For starters, she wore pants to clean. Right off the bat has my vote for housewife of the year. And she is sometimes seen rushing (there are even a few episodes where dinner is late!), sometimes is a bit frustrated with her children, sometimes they even act like brats (especially the youngest one) and she knows, above all, that while Father may know best, most often, Mother knows better :)

My kind of gal!

On a different note, I will be changing the game plan to my project a little bit. I'm finding That many of the tasks in 101 things to do are things that are not everyday housekeeping related. It should be titled, 101 Things for the Housewife To Do when she has the time and nothing better to do. I'm still trying to get the hang of all of this housewife stuff and really don't feel like spending my evening weaving when what I want to be doing is planning the weeks menu.

What I have found though is that I'm referencing the Martha Stewart Homekeeping Book, the Home Comforts book and the Housewife's Handbook all the time. So, instead of learning a whole bunch of little things about different aspects of housekeeping, I'm going to learn everything I can each month based on the room that is being worked on.

I will still be picking two things to read and blog about, and if I have the time I will do the task, but since this project is about learning how to be a housewife in modern times, there really is no reason for me to be weaving seat cushions for my already perfectly fine seat cushions.

I'll be back later today to post about the introduction to Home Comforts and a magazine article that I recently read. The each created a very interesting view of housekeeping and I'd really like to comment about.

Until then, I'm going out with my monkey to enjoy the beautiful weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment