Monday, November 29, 2010

Seriously?

It has been a life long dream of mine to find a hair band that actually stays in my hair.  I have horrible hair.  Think, coarse, poofy and generally unmanageable.

It has been a horror for as long as I can remember.

Because of this mass of brillo puff head, I have never EVER found a hair band that didn't slide off, slip around or pop off my head.

A few weeks ago I was shopping at the drug store and after a year long hiatus from hair band shopping, I decided to peruse the aisle to see if there was anything that I hadn't tried on the market.

I was surprised to find there was.

An elastic ribbon type hairband, about one centimetre thick, with little arrows of elastic woven through.


I was doubtful at first, but decided that $5 for two bands (black and dark brown) wasn't a bad price and if they didn't work it wouldn't hurt the wallet.  So I bought them.

And I have totally fallen in love with them.  I wear them often, even switching to using them as an elastic when I need to put my hair up quickly.

They. Are. Amazing.

A couple of days ago I noticed the black one I wear most often was missing from it's usual spot in the old soap dish now full of hair elastics.  I searched a bit and then forgot about it with the weekend rush.  Using the brown one works just fine too.

And today I saw this.


Need a closer loot?  I did...


My wonderful husband, in an attempt to keep our Little Lady out of the computer cabinet, used it as a tie to hold the doors together.

I'm planning my revenge as we speak.

Cheers!

Marina

4 comments:

  1. Seriously, your posts about your hub make me laugh so much! Ha ha. That sounds like something Brandon would do, a quick fix.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilarious! Although, I think as clueless as my hubby is, he wouldn't think twice about using my hair bands for anything other than putting up hair. He knows better by now lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had two pony tail holders I really liked. I lost them, for weeks. As I was washing Mike's work clothes one day, I found that he hadn't taken the boot bands out of the bottom of his pants yet. Apparently, the elastic in his boot bands had snapped, so he took my damn pony tail holders to replace his boot bands. I almost killed him. Then, when he found out how mad I was, he said "I just didn't want to go buy any, you can have these back and I'll run to the Army Surplus Store and get some." Like I want them back NOW????

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that I'm not the only one suffering through life with the male species. Honestly, sometimes I wonder what I'm going to wake up to each day, lol

    ReplyDelete