Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Happy New Year?

Talk about delayed :) 

I know I KNOW, I never call, never write.  I'm a fair weather friend. 

I can't even say I've been terribly busy. With the kids so young still, I tended to do most of my posting at night after they had gone to sleep.  I'd curl up on the couch beside my tv watching husband and type away. 

But then we started to do something every. single. night.


It all started during a date night.  We went for dinner and a movie. My lovely husband had two weeks off at Christmas, so we went during the week.  We had the whole theater to ourselves because we purposely picked a movie that have been out forever so we didn't have to sit beside strange people. Well, I picked a movie that have been out forever so I didn't have to sit beside strange people. Yes, I have issues. And I'm not ashamed to say it.

We saw Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part One. Little did we know this was just the beginning. It just snowballed from there.  We did it as soon as we got home and then started doing it every night. We even talked about doing it while the children were awake. 

So what was it we were doing?

We became addicted to watching the Harry Potter Dvds.  From beginning to end (well, sixth year) we watched the saga that is Harry's life.  And when it was all over, when there were no more DVDs to watch, no more bonus features to devour, we felt like listless.  We knew regular tv just wouldn't cut it anymore. 

So we moved on to Eli Stone.  Let me tell you, it is a shame the writers strike happened because it really derailed Eli and I think it had real staying power, had it been on regularly enough to keep its followers.  We hadn't even seen the second season because it was jumping around so much.

We are now working our way through Alias. 

And while it may not sound like we are bonding all that much, sitting staring at the boob tube, watching tv together has opened up lots of conversation, laughter and tears (I cried like a baby when Sirius Black gets killed, Jordan Whetherby finds out her unborn baby is perfect, and Sydney Bristow finds her fiance dead in his bathtub), which inevitably ends in more laughter from Peter because he doesn't get how a tv show/movie can upset me so.  Good thing he hasn't watched "PS I Love You" with me because I think there were only a few minutes of that movie that I WASN'T crying.

So we are busy reconnecting, relaxing and generally getting to know each other again. 

The only down side is that my husband likes to eat while he watches tv.  And then I eat.  And then we both started to LOOK like the couch.  So we started exercising. 

But that's a whole different story :)

Cheers! 

Marina
AKA Couch Spud.

No comments:

Post a Comment