Tuesday, July 13, 2010

sick sick sick sick sick

Yup, if you haven't guess it yet, I'm sick.

Strep. Blech.

But being sick has made me realize how far I have come in this endeavor to be a more organized and clean person.

Even though my skin hurt to touch, every bone and muscle in my body ached, I had a fever of 103.7 and I was exhausted beyond what I have felt in a very long time, I still had to make sure that all the daily chores were done at the end of the day. Kitchen cleaned, all toys put away correctly, mail opened and filed appropriately, dining room table cleared of all the stuff that it accumulates. It all still had to be done even though I was on death's door.

Ok. I dramatize. Just a wee bit.

But normally what would have happened is I would have used that as an excuse to leave the mess and deal with it another day, which would have made it twice as bad and it would either take for ever to do or I would avoid doing it again.

Now, granted, I do need to pay credit to my WONDERFUL husband for letting me order him around, uh, direct him :) He did most of the work for me, except for the kitchen because I'm now totally anal when it comes to cleaning the kitchen at the end of the day. But when you are stuck on the couch, you need to learn to delegate.

The other thing that shocked me is I didn't enjoy delegating AT ALL. Pre-project, I was all about getting someone else to clean my stuff. And I didn't care how it was done, I just wanted it done. (I guess that is how I got in to this mess of a house, lol). I have always been a particular person and I have now developed a method of keeping house. My way. And I will admit that I went around today fixing little things here and there. I mean seriously, how hard is it to put a book right side up on the shelf and somewhat sized tall to short? Re-reading that sentence, kind of makes me sound crazy. Eh, oh well.

My point is, I let all of them go and let him do his thing (under my "direction") and was SO grateful because I really needed the help.

Teensy Weensy step for mankind, ginormous step for Marina.

No comments:

Post a Comment